Welcome to Wednesday!
Today we will DEAR, do a video response journal, and work on Mission #2.
DO NOW: D.E.A.R
Find a comfortable place to sit
Don’t bother anyone
If someone is bothering you, politely let them know
READ a book, don’t just pretend to read a book 🙃
1. Do Now: DEAR
4. Video Response: "No Rules Recess" - New Zealand 5/17/17
5. Review what you need to turn in on Friday
6. Work on Creative Mission #2--it's due Friday!
7. Clean up
Students can learn from the experiences of others.
Students can form conclusions based on first person research.
Students can choose a book that is challenging and engaging.
Students can reflect on their progress for the quarter and document it for their conferences.
READ for at least 20 minutes: a book, news articles, RAZ kids, movie reviews, music reviews, or get more ideas here.
See you tomorrow!
P.S. Here's the video if you want to watch it again:
Video Response Prompts
Title & Date a new journal entry in Seesaw or your journal:
Title: "No Rules Recess" - New Zealand
*What do you think of this idea?
* Would you like No Rules Recess?
* What did you see the kids doing?
* What are the benefits?
* What are the risks?
* Do you think your parents/guardians would like this idea?
* Do you think Mr. G would like this idea? How about your teachers?
* What do you think of the brain research they mentioned?
P.P.S. Here is another video of a similar kind of playground if you are interested: