Welcome to Tuesday. Today we will learn about the word synthesize, take a quiz, learn about our next mission and have some work time.
DO NOW: Quiz
Please go to the Quiz folder the Schoology folder.
Choose one Quiz #5-- either the EASIER or the HARDER version of the quiz.
2. Word of the Week (details below)
** If you finish the vocab notes early, do something in the black folder:
4. Check in about Mission #2: Sythesizing Research
5. Work time
7. Clean up
WORD of the Day | Be sure to complete all the steps!
Today's word is: synthesize
1. Open your notebook to the back Vocab section
2. Write "synthesize" as the next word in your vocab list (below research)
3. Write the definition in the definition column.
You can use this one if you want:
Or this one:
4. Watch the video below alone or with a friend. It will help you understand what synthesis is and also help you think about the work you are doing for Creative Mission #2. Just replace "essay" with "mission" as you watch the video:
5. Now draw a picture that will help you remember the definition.
6. When you finish, compare your definition and picture with at least THREE other people's
(If you have extra time, watch the videos in today's P.S. at the bottom of this post.)
Students can explain what synthesis is.
Students can talk how synthesis relates to research.
Students can investigate a topic through surveys and independent research.
Students can wrap up one project and plan for the next one.
READ for at least 20 minutes: a book, news articles, RAZ kids, movie reviews, music reviews, or get more ideas here.
See you tomorrow!
P.S. How can you synthesize your research for Creative Mission #2? Here's a video to help you think more about your research:
P.P.S. Make sure you are using reliable sources for your research: