Wednesday, May 10th, 2017
Welcome to Wednesday!
Today we will DEAR, do a video response journal, and prepare for conferences. If you have extra time you can work on your project.
DO NOW: D.E.A.R
Find a comfortable place to sit
Don’t bother anyone
If someone is bothering you, politely let them know
READ a book, don’t just pretend to read a book 🙃
1. Do Now: DEAR
4. Video Response: "Before I die" - Candy Chang 5/9/17
5. Conferences Prep--fill out sheet completely
6. If you finish that, then you can have work time
7. Clean up
Students can learn from the experiences of others.
Students can form conclusions based on first person research.
Students can choose a book that is challenging and engaging.
Students can reflect on their progress for the quarter and document it for their conferences.
READ for at least 20 minutes: a book, news articles, RAZ kids, movie reviews, music reviews, or get more ideas here.
See you tomorrow!
P.S. Here's the video if you want to watch it again:
Video Response Prompts
Title & Date a new journal entry in Seesaw or your journal:
Title: "Before I die" - Candy Chang
* What do you think of her project? Do you think it's meaningful? Why or why not?
* If this were in your neighborhood, what would you write on it?
* What are some ideas you have about making your community more interesting? * Does the outdoor space in your neighborhood feel like it's for everyone or just for some people?
* What else does it make you think about?