Tuesday, May 9th, 2017
Welcome to Tuesday. Today we will learn about the word RESEARCH, take a quiz, learn about our next mission and have some work time.
DO NOW: Quiz
Please take today's quiz in the Schoology folder.
2. Word of the Week (details below)
** If you finish the vocab notes early, do something in the black folder:
4. Check in about Mission #2: Sythesizing Research
5. Work time
7. Clean up
WORD of the Day | Be sure to complete all the steps!
Today's word is: research
1. Open your notebook to the back Vocab section
2. Write "research" as the next word in your vocab list (below evidence)
3. Write the definition in the definition column.
You can use this one if you want:
4. Watch the video below alone or with a friend. It will help you understand what research is and also think about the research you are doing for Creative Mission #2:
5. Next draw a picture that will help you remember the definition.
6. When you finish, compare your definition and picture with at least THREE other people's
(If you have extra time, watch the videos in today's P.S. at the bottom of this post.)
Students can explain what evidence is.
Students can talk how evidence relates to reasons.
Students can identify rules they follow in a school day and prepare to investigate them.
Students can wrap up one project and plan for the next one.
READ for at least 20 minutes: a book, news articles, RAZ kids, movie reviews, music reviews, or get more ideas here.
See you tomorrow!
P.S. How can you synthesize your research for Creative Mission #2? Here are two videos and an image to help you think about this:
P.P.S. Make sure you are using reliable sources for your research: