Tuesday, April 18th, 2017
Welcome to Tuesday. Today we will learn about the word persuade and think about how persuasion works.
You will also receive your first Creative Mission! Due 5/2. You will need to form an opinion about something to get started on the project.
Let's have fun with this!
DO NOW: Word of the Week-- be sure to complete all the steps!
Today's word is: persuade
1. Open your notebook to the back Vocab section
2. Write "persuade" as your next word in your vocab list (below argue)
3. Write the definition in the definition column.
You can use this one if you want:
4. We'll watch this video together.
5. AFTER we watch the video: draw a picture that will help you remember the definition in the picture column.
6. When you finish, compare your definition and picture with at least three other people's
(If you have extra time, there is a video on persuasive video below.)
1. Do Now: Word of the Week
2. Quiz in Schoology folder: Quiz 2: April 18, 2017
3. Introduce Creative Mission #1
(Here are some ideas to help you form an opinion to investigate.)
4. Read Aloud
Students can explain what it means to persuade.
Students can identify ways people persuade each other.
Students make a list of things they have an opinion on.
Students can listen to a story and respond with visual or written notes.
READ for at least 20 minutes: a book, news articles, RAZ kids, movie reviews, music reviews, or get more ideas here.
See you tomorrow!