Welcome to Tuesday.
DO NOW: Word of the Week-- be sure to complete all the steps!
Today's word is: argue
1. Open your notebook to the back Vocab section
2. Write "argue" as your next word in your vocab list
3. Write the definition in the definition column. The image below will help you:
4. Now go into today's folder in Schoology (Day 2). Watch the video.
5. Then draw a picture that will help you remember the definition in the picture column.
6. When you finish, compare your definition and picture with at least three other people's
1. Do Now: Word of the Week
2. Quiz (in Schoology folder > Day 2)
4. (Introduce Read Aloud if time)
Students can explain what it means to argue.
Students can identify what makes a good argument.
Students understand the classroom expectations.
READ for at least 20 minutes: a book, news articles, RAZ kids, movie reviews, music reviews, or get more ideas here.
See you tomorrow!
end of the year feelings
language and power
being an old-new teacher
teacher self-care conference
temporary small town