Welcome to Tuesday!
DO NOW: Word of the Week-- be sure to complete all 6 steps!
Today's word is: solution
1. Open your notebook to the back Vocab section
2. Write "solution" as your next word (below "community")
3. Watch the video below with headphones:
4. Write the definition in the definition column.
Here's one you could use:
5. Draw a picture that will help you remember the definitionin the picture column. It could be something from the video, or your own idea
6. When you finish, compare your definition and picture with at least three other people's
1. Do Now: Word of the Week
2. Meet with your group: Any new solution ideas for your problem? Use articles, google, or books to make a list of solutions in your notebooks:
Title: SOLUTIONS 3/14/2017
Our Problem/Issue is : ___________________________________
1. One solution is blah blah blah blah
2. Or we could blah blah blah blah
3. Another idea is....
3. Explore Adobe Spark Video (alone or with a partner) & make a sample video
Students can explain what a solution is in their own words and drawing.
Students can apply the concept of "solution" to their own research topic
Students can learn a new video creation app by making a sample video.
READ for at least 20 minutes: a book, news articles, RAZ kids, movie reviews, music reviews, or get more ideas here.
**Reminder: Your Reading Life Interview is due FRIDAY!**
See you tomorrow!