Welcome to Tuesday.
Ms. W is back with you again today. Please be kind, helpful, and charming. :-)
DO NOW: Word of the Week-- be sure to complete all 6 steps!
Today's word is: community
1. Open your notebook to the back Vocab section
2. Write "community" as your next word (below "non-fiction")
3. Watch the video below:
4. Write the definition in the definition column.
Here's a good one:
5. Draw a picture that will help you remember the definition in the picture column.
6. When you finish, compare your definition and picture with at least three other people's
1. Do Now: Word of the Week
2. D. E. A. R. (20 minutes--I know you can read for 20 minutes!)
3. Work on Reading Points and Writing Points for the rest of class
* Reading Points: Sheets by the pencil sharpener
* Writing Points: Use ideas from the Writing Points! tab above. Write in your journal or on SeeSaw in a new note. BE SURE TO TITLE & DATE IT! :-)
Students can explain what community is in their own words and drawing.
Students can deepen their understanding of social issues and activism through reading and writing.
Students can reflect on reading independently.
Students can enjoy reading and find books that are right for them.
READ for at least 20 minutes: a book, news articles, RAZ kids, movie reviews, music reviews, or get more ideas here.
See you tomorrow!
P.S. This video gives some information about the big project we are starting. We'll talk more about it tomorrow.