Tuesday, February 28th, 2017
Welcome to Tuesday.
Today we will be thinking about justice and protest signs.
DO NOW: Word of the Week-- be sure to complete all 6 steps!
Today's word is: justice
1. Open your notebook to the back Vocab section
2. Write "justice" as your next word (below "non-fiction")
3. Watch the video below:
4. Write the definition in the definition column.
Here's one or find your own:
5. Draw a picture that will help you remember the definition in the picture column.
6. When you finish, compare your definition and picture with at least three other people's
1. Do Now: Word of the Week
2. Protest Signs Activity (Glue yours in your notebook or volunteer for the hall display.)
Students can explain what justice is in their own words and drawing.
Students can deepen their understanding of social issues and activism through creating protest signs and slogans.
Students can enjoy reading and find books that are right for them.
Work on Reading or Writing Point Activities.
* Reading Points activities are by the door/pencil sharpener
* Writing Points activities are any journals you write. Get ideas on the Writing Ideas page of this site. Write them in your journal or any piece of paper or in SeeSaw.
READ for at least 20 minutes: a book, news articles, RAZ kids, movie reviews, music reviews, or get more ideas here.
P.S. Learn more about activism and Social Justice below. Write a journal in response to what you see for some writing points (in your notebook or on Seesaw):