Welcome to the new week. I hope you had a great Monday off!
Ms. W will be here today and tomorrow--please be kind, helpful, and communicative with her. :-)
DO NOW: Word of the Week-- be sure to complete all 6 steps!
Today's word is: boycott
1. Open your notebook to the back Vocab section
2. Write "boycott" as your next word (below "non-fiction")
3. Watch the video below:
4. Write the definition in the definition column. You can find a good simple definition here.
5. Draw a picture that will help you remember the definition in the picture column.
6. When you finish, compare your definition and picture with at least three other people's
1. Do Now: Word of the Week
2. Movie: First half of Viva La Causa
3. Movie Notes: work on the movie notes packet. Be creative! You will have time to finish them tomorrow after the end of the movie
Students can explain what a boycott is.
Students can deepen their understanding of social issues and activism through viewing and writing in a variety of formats.
Students can enjoy reading.
READ for at least 20 minutes: a book, news articles, RAZ kids, movie reviews, music reviews, or get more ideas here.
Have a great Tuesday.