Tuesday, February 14th, 2017
Happy Valentine's Day!
DO NOW: Word of the Week-- be sure to complete all 6 steps!
Today's word is: Activist
1. Open your notebook to the back Vocab section
2. Write "activist" as your next word (below "non-fiction")
3. Watch the video below:
4. Write the definition in the definition column--google the definition or use dictionary.com
5. Draw a picture that will help you remember the definition in the picture column
6. When you finish, compare your definition and picture with at least three other people's
1. Do Now: Word of the Week
2. Long Write: Social Issues and Activism (30 minutes of writing--if you missed today, ask me for the writing prompts)
Students can explain what an activist is.
Students can deepen their understanding of social issues and activism through writing.
Students can enjoy reading.
See you tomorrow!