Good morning! Here's what we're up to today:
DO NOW: Video Response Journal
In your journal, start a new entry.
"Youth Activist Maya Penn 2/8/17"
We will watch the video and then you will write in response. Remember to keep your pen moving the whole time!
Some ideas of what to write about if you need them:
* What things does Maya care about?
* What are some of her ideas?
* How is she trying to solve problems she sees in the world?
* What positive characteristics help her in her work?
* How are you like her? How are you different?
* What do you think about what she is doing?
1. Do Now: Video Response
2. Secret Shortcut Tips!
3. Writing Self-Evaluation #1
Students can tell about a young person who is working as an activist.
Students can enter their email into any application easily and quickly.
Students can evaluate and score their own writing using a rubric.
Students can read quietly for ten minutes or more in a book of their choosing.
READ for at least 20 minutes: a book, news articles, RAZ kids or get more ideas here.
See you soon!
P.S. Here's the video in case you want to watch it again later: