Good morning! I'm off learning new teacher things today. Please be kind and helpful to the sub. :-)
DO NOW: Word of the Week:
1. Open your notebook to the back Vocab section you started last week
2. Write "non-fiction" as your next word (below "killjoy")
3. Watch the video below
4. Then: write the definition in the definition column--use the on in the video, your own words, or use dictionary.com
5. Then: draw the definition in the drawing column
6. When you finish, compare your definition with at least three other people's
1. Do Now: Word of the Week
2. Keyboarding Practice
3. A trip to the library! (finally!)
Students can explain the difference between fiction and non-fiction.
Students can keyboard more efficiently than before.
Students can find books to read that are challenging and interesting.
READ for at least 20 minutes: a book, news articles, RAZ kids or get more ideas here.
See you tomorrow!